Crisis Lines and Walk-In Services
Lifeways, Inc. provides 24 hour mental health crisis services year round.

If you need crisis help, call:

Malheur Region: 541-889-9167 or 800-995-9169
Umatilla Region: 541-276-6207 or 866-343-4473

After hours calls are answered:
After hours crisis calls are referred to ProtoCall Services, a 24/hour 7/days a week telephonic behavioral health service providing immediate access in times of crisis. Your call might be referred to your local hospital’s emergency department for urgent care.

Not an emergency but need someone to talk to?
If you are not experiencing an emergency but do need someone to talk to, you can contact the Warmline: 800-698-2392.

Walk-in services are also available Monday through Friday:
In the Malheur Region: 702 Sunset Drive, Ontario
In the Umatilla Region at 331 SE 2nd Street, Pendleton and 595 NW 11th Street, Hermiston

In most cases, a master’s level clinician will be available to see you, and help you form a plan to keep yourself and others safe.  This may include crisis intervention, supportive counseling, information and referral, or linkage to helpful community resources.

Westgate House

Located at 2575 Westgate, Bldg. 2 Pendleton, OR; Phone: 541-276-1126.

Open 24/7/365 with Qualified Mental Health Providers available to screen referrals and admit clients who are in crisis and either come to the facility on their own or are voluntarily brought here by law enforcement or other community agencies. We provide a calm and comfortable environment in which clients can gather themselves, recover from their crisis, and develop a plan for further services as needed.

Crisis Teams
Many of the members of our Crisis Teams have been trained in Mental Health First Aid skills and the teams in both counties work collaboratively with other community resources to maximize use of expanded respite and peer support.  Lifeways’ crisis teams also participate in jail diversion services, civil commitment services and hospital discharge planning.

All of our crisis services work with many partner agencies in the community, such as hospitals, police, and social services to help resolve crisis situations, but in cases of disasters, fire, or physical accidents, please make a direct call to 911 or your local police or fire department.